Todays baking recipe is the most simple recipe ever. Shortbread doesn’t take much to make but when it is made it is so delicious. I reference to Be-Ro Home Recipe Book when baking shortbread.
All you need it 250g Plain Flour. 75g Caster Sugar and 175g Butter. (That is literally it)
- Heat your oven to 160 C / 325 F / Gas Mark 3. Grease your baking tray or lay down a sheet of grease proof paper.
- Mix together the flour and the caster sugar together in a bowl. Then rub in the butter. (If you cut the butter up into smaller pieces it makes it a lot easier to rub into the flour mix).
- Rub in until you have formed a smooth paste.
- Take a rolling pin and flatten to about 1 to 2 cm thick. Then take a cookie cutter of your choice and start cutting out the shape you want your shortbreads to be.
- Place onto your baking tray and then prick each one with a fork for decoration.
- Bake for around 20-30 minutes or until pale and golden.
- Once cooked, take out to cool for 20 minutes, sprinkle with a pinch of caster sugar if you wish, then enjoy!
Really simple recipe but so delicious! Perfect with a cup of tea or a glass of milk. You don’t need many ingredients and it isn’t fussy at all so it is perfect if you are just starting out with baking. Let me know what your favourite simple baking recipe is and I hope you all have a lovely weekend!